“Kids are always looking for snacks. Instead of sugary sweets or chips, make it easier for them to have a healthy snack time. The keys are to make healthful snacks in your house visible, convenient and effortless.
– Keep fresh fruit on the counter where kids can see it.
– Wash and cut up vegetables ahead of time, so they’re ready to eat.
– Store them in see-through containers or clear plastic bags so kids can see what’s inside.
– Put nutrient-rich foods where they can be easily reached, like on lower shelves in the refrigerator, pantry or cabinet.
– Keep cookies and chips in cabinets on higher shelves where they will be less convenient to reach and out of sight.
A little kitchen “arranging” will encourage kids to eat a nutritious snack – and they’ll think it was their idea.”
Produced by ADA’s Public Relations Team