Since I am donating my hair today (see below), I thought it might be a fun time to venture a topic I don’t believe I have yet discussed in my newsletters – how to eat for better hair! Here are a few points and tips I’ve found:
– Follow a Healthy Diet – just a regular healthful diet with fruits, vegetables, and plenty of protein provides most of what hair needs to be healthy.
– Hair Loss – Sometimes hair loss is triggered by a deficiency of B vitamins, so try supplementing a B complex if you’re experiencing hair loss.
– Vitamin C – Can help aid circulation in the head, resulting in better conditions for hair to grow.
– Anemia, low thyroid hormone levels, and excessive supplementation of vitamin A can lead to hair loss.
– Fat – little to no fat in the diet can lead to hair dulling or loss, so be sure to include some healthy fats in moderation
– Coffee & Tea can deplete your body of essential nutrients, leading to hair that is less healthy.
– Exercise & plenty of sleep are keys to healthy hair, as inadequate amounts of either of these are not healthy to your body.
Summary: Eat a healthy, balanced diet if you are interested in having beautiful, healthy hair. Be sure to consume plenty of fruits and vegetables as well as healthy fats. If you feel you may be deficient, grab a supplement to boost your intake of vital nutrients.