My Aunt Martha Harpole sent me this simple, delicious recipe idea that is sure to be a hit with your family. You can buy Paninis at many sandwich-style restaurants, but you are sure to save money by making yours at home. The “recipe” is very simple and can be modified to fit what you like on your panini.
– A Panini is basically a sandwich that is heated while being pressed on both sides. This allows the filling to really melt through the sandwich and makes the bread crispy on both sides.
– To make: Fill bread with spread and toppings of choice (be creative!). Cook in Panini Maker or as described in next step.
– You do not have to have a Panini Maker to make Paninis – Just use 2 skillets to sandwich your Panini so that it will cook on both sides. Or, another idea I saw used a brick wrapped in aluminum foil to press down on your sandwich while it is cooking.
– Breads: French Bread, Foccassia Bread, Rolls, Baguettes, Sourdough, Tuscan, Sandwich Bread, etc
– Spread: Mayonaise, Mustard, Honey Mustard, Tomato Sauce, Favorite Salad Dressing, etc
– Toppings: Veggies (lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions), Fruits (pineapple, works great with chicken!), Meats (chicken, turkey, ham, roast beef), Cheese (mozzarella, feta, cheddar, etc),
– Pineapple Chicken Panini: Fill bread of choice with grilled chicken, pineapples, and mozarella cheese.